50th of Jerusalem calendar- 5% is donated to children of Sderot

50th of Jerusalem calendar- 5% is donated to children of Sderot
The price in shekels: 70 and in dollars including shipping is $30.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

On Voting

Hi all,
I am back with another blog for you.
Since I live in Jerusalem I will just talk about our voting here.
Yesterday we voted for a mayor and city council. Since we moved to our present location this was my first time voting at the new place. It was easy to find and I found the street before had to go vote. I was not thrilled about voting and as I gather the turnout was not great. I can see that. Why I can see that, is because people are fed up with who gets elected whether they voted for them or not. They say this is a time for the citizens to choose who they want. We can choose who we want, but, the person or people do not always win and if they do, do they really make a change. I only voted because it was my civic duty. I don't feel anymore that it makes a difference. For mayor I voted for the lesser of the two evils and the incumbent still won. I voted for who I wanted for city council, but, have not found out if they got in or not. One of the people in the party running for city council started to run for mayor and decided to drop out and I can understand why. When his small party ran when we voted for Prime Minister they got screwed and I think there was tampering with their votes. Maybe he felt he had a better chance of running for city council instead. 
I find it doesn't really matter who you vote for, because they really don't do what they say and only cater to certain people.
That is why I really was not thrilled to vote yesterday. Am I glad I did, not really. I did it because it is my civic duty and afterward  can complain when something else does not get done, because I voted. I therefore feel I have the right to complain if they do not do what they said they will do.
I appreciate all of you out there that read my blogs. I would really like to hear comments from you on my blogs. Please write to me at: hanni@netvision.net.il and let me know  why you like or don't like blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment